Double Deep is similar to selective racking; but pallets are now stored two rows deep instead of one. This type of racking therefore requires specialized pallet handling equipment using either a specialized forklift or a standard unit a with double deep handling attachment.Double-Deep is Last In First Out (LIFO)
- Increased storage capacity compared with Selective Racking
- Medium to low storage system.
- Can increase pallet storage by as much as 10-15% depending on racking layout.
- Reduced SKU’s accessibility
- LIFO inventory management.
- Special trucks required.